Well my jaw is feeling better, too bad I got my brother’s sinus infection. -__- Man I just can’t get a break. I will probably never be like healthy.
I couldn’t decide what to write for today’s post, but I saw a kotaku article that was based on the fact that Final Fantasy Theatrhythm: Curtain Call released today on the 3DS and I soooo want it. It’s to make your own Final Fantasy mix tape. I am going to limit myself to only having the original music — no remixes or anything like that.
Man this isn’t going to be easy.
1. Prelude or Opening Theme (I’m going to assume “Opening Theme” means the opening cutscene of the game?) This song is one of the reasons I decided I wanted to learn piano, and I learned a good chunk of the song before I no longer had access to the piano.
2. Town Music Seriously? Out of all the town themes in the Final Fantasy universe I have to pick JUST ONE? Fuck. This one has got to have some honorable mentions with it. The one I chose is the first song that came to mind when thinking of specific music I remember in towns.
Home, Sweet Home – Final Fantasy 5
Ahead on our Way, Gold Saucer – Final Fantasy 7
Balamb Garden, Balamb, most towns from Final Fantasy 8
Treno, Lindblum – Final Fantasy 9
3. Overworld/Field/World Map Music Seriously? This should be illegal. I don’t really think I can pick one. If I have to pick one though, it would have to be this one, it’s amazing.
OMG SO MUCH NOSTALGIA!
Instead of doing honorable mentions like the last one, I will link you to this video where you can listen to all of them. Seriously, do it. They’re all incredible, and you can easily skip between them using the annotations.
4. Character Theme I would never in a million years be able to just pick one, so what I did for this one was pick the theme that to me suited the character’s personality the best. It was not easy. Seriously, this was so hard. The one I picked honestly surprised me. I had actually not remembered any of the themes from this game, but I think this song suits him so well.
This is probably the largest category and shit, so I will list off others that I adore: Rosa (FF4), Faris (FF5), Red XIII (FF7), Vivi (FF9), Steiner (FF9), Freya (FF9), Auron (FF10).
5. Secondary Character Theme (We should have at least one other member in our party even if the party calls for 3 or 4. We’re going to limit it to one for this mixtape) So I’m going to assume this means we get another character theme choice? If so then I’m going to make this a similar pick as my first track. This is a song I DID learn all the way through when I started picking up the piano.
Honorable mentions are in the previous track.
6. Villain Theme Ok finally a somewhat easier one. Not nearly as many villains as there are playable characters. This song is so epic to me, and it really represents the feel of the Empire. I adore it. I also like to pick stuff that people wouldn’t always think of. 😛
7. Battle Music This was more difficult than I thought it would be, mainly because it was hard to decide between nostalgia and how much the theme got you pumped to kill some shit. I decided to base my decision on the later, and it came down to three different tracks for me. They may be a little unexpected and not the norm picks other people would choose. 😛
Honorable mentions: Blinded by Light (Final Fantasy XIII), Last Hunter (Final Fantasy XIII-2)
8. Town in Trouble/Tragedy/Major Event Music So many different tracks could be put under this category. So I’m just going to go with the music that first comes to mind when I think of the name of this category. Nothing spells out “town in trouble” like giant monsters charging forward to destroy it.
9. Boss Battle Theme Ok from what I understand this is different. Final boss music doesn’t count, this is just the generic boss battle music. Which one gets me pumped up more for a boss fight? It was down between 2 different ones. Both are incredible tracks that really fit the mood of an amazingly hard enemy.
It wound up between this and Force Your Way (Final Fantasy VIII).
10. Chocobo Theme This theme just makes you want to get up and dance! I would find any excuse to ride a chocobo just so I could hear this theme.
11. Airship Theme Hands down the only one that is even remotely memorable for me. I can’t even tell you without looking them up what the melody of any of the other airship themes are. I think that’s a very important thing for something as significant as an airship theme.
12. World in Crisis or Heroes Resolve This is seriously the most epic part of the game. This is one of my favorite songs of all time from a Final Fantasy. This was the easiest decision so far.
There would technically be so many different songs that could potentially go in this category, I don’t even want to try to go through them all and pick some other mentions.
13. Final Dungeon I’ve never really noticed any final dungeons that stood out to me, so I had to really search and try to figure out what songs were final area songs. This one really sets the mood for the final encounter.
14. First Stage Boss Battle I’m not really sure what he means by the title of this category. Maybe an end boss that has a specific theme, but not the final boss/villain? This is the only song I could think of that would fit that.
15. Final Boss Theme Meh… I don’t really like most final boss themes. I guess this one is my favorite.
16. Ending Credits/Staff Roll So beautiful.
And that’s all I got for you today.
> Until nest time <